Been or heard about our annual MaiaGrazing Wilmot Field Day? Well have we got an exciting MWFD22 program for you.
Over the recent years, we’ve had the pleasure of hosting a very special Field Day at Wilmot Cattle Co., and we’re grateful to have the chance to host another this year. We have a small number of Day 1 tickets and add-on option to attend the AM soil carbon workshop on Day 2 currently available, but they won’t last – get your tickets now!
The Nuts & Bolts
Day 1 conference – Wednesday, 23rd February | 8AM open door, 8.30AM conference starts, 5PM to 6.30PM sunset drinks
Day 2 workshops & paddock walk – Thursday, 24th February | 8.30AM open door, 9AM workshop and paddock walk start concurrently, 3.30PM event ends
- Day 1 ticket: AU$80 + GST | Inclusions: barista coffee, smoko, lunch, sunset drinks & a special segment with Local Hero 2022 and CEO of Sober in the Country – Shanna Whan, and a calico show bag
- Option for Day 1 ticket holders to “Add-on” soil carbon workshop (AM session only) for $50
- Both Days ticket : AU$250 + GST | Inclusions: all Day 1 inclusions + a MWFD cap + Dinner Under the Stars with live country music + Day 2 barista coffee, breakfast, smoko, lunch
Wilmot Cattle Co. at 10544 Armidale Rd, Hernani NSW 2453, Australia
Nearest airports are Armidale (1 hour, 13 minutes) and Coffs Harbour (1 hour, 34 minutes)
There is a limited range of motels nearby, with Ebor Falls Motel traditionally booked out by MaiaGrazing to accommodate critical crew and speakers. We recommend you secure your accommodation quickly at Dorrigo (30 minutes away), Armidale (70 minutes away) or have a look at the great suggestions on Wilmot’s Facebook page.
What to expect
Our 2022 theme is Growing our Natural Capital. Our conference program will draw out real-life lessons from graziers in various stages of growth and sizes, industry leading insights from experts and educators in the fields of grazing management, soil carbon and natural capital, and a focus on health and well-being.
- Dick Richardson of Grazing Naturally (Day 1 & 2)
- Stuart Andrews of Tarwyn Park Training (Day 1 & 2)
- Tom & Sarah Whinney of Chatsworth House (Day 1 & 2)
- Matt & Shell of Trio Angus (Day 1)
- Graham Finlayson of SLM Partners (Day 1)
- Doug Avery of ‘The Resilient Farmer‘ (Day 1)
- Stacey Curcio of Cultivating Wellness (Day 1)
- Peter Richardson of MaiaGrazing (Day 1)
- Bart Davidson of MaiaGrazing (Day 1 & 2)
- Johannes Meier of Danthonia (Day 1)
- Geoff Murrell of Packhorse (Day 1)
- Stuart Austin of Wilmot Cattle Co. (Day 1 & 2)
We will also bring personal stories from:
- Charlie Arnott – biodynamic farmer, educator, host of ‘The Regenerative Journey’ podcast, and Harris Farm Regenerative Ag Ambassador
- Shanna Whan – Australian of the Year 2022 NSW, CEO of Sober in the Country
This will be a sell-out event so we encourage you to secure your tickets early.
A peek to our event last year:
Here’s what graziers had to say about our event:
“I gained a renewed enthusiasm for regenerative grazing amongst a very stimulating group of people, both presenters and attendees.”
“I felt that I am on the right track with what we are changing on farm to make a significant difference.”
“Seeing what can be possible for our soil using cattle and grazing principles.”
We will adhere to the NSW Health mandate as prescribed for the dates of this event.